Here are links to the participant reviews of The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and also thoughts on the match-up. Let me know if I missed yours and I'll add it as soon as I can, in between all the Halloween goings-on today.
- My Reader's Block posted an excellent review that takes into consideration the concept of addiction to self, and also the lack of female characters - find out which she choose as the bigger baddie in her recap post
- The Zen Leaf has read both books several times and gives a great comparison of their respective merits in her duel-off post, which includes thoughts on the graphic novel versions
- Fizzy Thoughts (my Duel co-host) was disappointed to not find Mary Reilly in this book, but appreciated that is was so short - see who she thinks is more monstrous in her recap
- Life is a Patchwork Quilt read both books and includes a comparison of the lives of both authors in her post
- Milk and Honey Quilts is one of the only participants who chose to answer the discussion questions I posted for Jekyll/Hyde
- eclectic/eccentric had previously read Dorian and read Jekyll/Hyde just last week. See who she thinks was the bigger baddy in her comparison post.
- Love, Laughter and a Touch of Insanity barely squeezed in a reading of Jekyll/Hyde before the end of the month, but since she'd previously read Dorian she was able to compare the two and declare a winner.
- Subliminal Intervention also read both books and shares her thoughts on them, including some creepy comparisons to modern life.
- The Introverted Reader read Dorian Gray a while ago but tackled Jekyll/Hyde for the first time.
* In case you are wondering which classic monster books I've read, here's a list: Dracula, Frankenstein, The Picture of Dorian Gray, The Invisible Man, and The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.