Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Historical Fiction Challenge

Ok, I'm participating in my first online reading challenge, and it's on my favorite genre: Historical Fiction!!!

The challenge is to read 6 books in this genre between April 1 and Oct 1. I've got a bit of a headstart since I read my first book before signing up (but it WAS within the deadline!).

So here's my list:
  1. Suite Francaise, by Irene Nemirovsky
  2. The Avengers: A Jewish War Story, by Richard Cohen ... not sure if this counts as it was based on true events ... I'll see what the moderator says!
  3. The Good Earth, by Pearl S. Buck ... it's been on my TBR pile for many months!
  4. I'll post the rest when I think of them ... I'm going on vacation from 4/23-4/29 so I'm a bit preoccupied with that and can't really think about too many books right now!
If you'd like to sign up, here's the link to the yahoo group. Happy Reading!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Good Earth is a great book - one that will stick with you for a long time. You should take a look at The Secret History of the Pink Carnation - a mix of historical fiction, chick lit and romance. It's a fun read!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin