Here's the list of the five books I read for this challenge. The one I recommend most heartily is #5, Once A Warrior King. I have yet to find anyone else who has read it but I'd certainly love to discuss it with someone!
- The Time In Between, by David Bergen - this book didn't really work for me
- The Things They Carried, by Tim O'Brien - the concept of truth and the way that is conveyed through stories is a major theme
- We Were Soldiers Once ... And Young, by Col. Harold Moore and Joseph Galloway - first-hand account of a defining battle - I also watched the movie and compared it to the book
- We Are Soldiers Still, by Col. Harold Moore and Joseph Galloway - got a bit preachy near the end but still a fascinating conclusion to their previous book
- Once A Warrior King: Memories of an Officer in Vietnam, by David Donovan - excellent book that also had a strong personal impact for me