Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

NYC Recap - A Few More Pictures

I don't have it in me to do a full recap of the lunches and dinners I attended during my time in NYC so I hope you'll enjoy these pictures and quick notes - I think they give you an idea of the great time I had!

Tuesday Night: 
The Bookrageous Bash at Lolita Bar was a hot and crowded affair, but since I'd arrived early I was able to snag a seat in the corner with some fabulous bloggers and authors.


 me, Alma Katsu (author of THE TAKER), Katie from One More Page (bookstore), and Jenn from Jenn's Bookshelves


Reagan from Miss Remmers' Review, Cass from Bonjour, Cass!, and Amy from Amy Reads


Megan from Leafing Through Life (aka my roommate) and Kim from Sophisticated Dorkiness


Wednesday Night:
I organized a dinner for a group of bloggers, some of whom I'd been wanting to meet, some of whom I wanted the chance to chat with again this year.  We ate at an Italian place called Bice that was just down the street from the Harper Collins reception we were coming from.

Florinda from The 3 R's, Michelle from Red Headed Book Child, and Alie from Alison's Book Marks


Ann Kingman from Books on the Nightstand, Stacy from A Novel Source, and Natalie from Coffee and a Book Chick (with her husband, Jason)


Reagan from Miss Remmers' Review, me, Megan from Leafing Through Life, Sheila from Book Journey, and Florinda from The 3 R's


a view of the entire table of bloggers, taken by Jason (Coffee and a Book Chick's lovely husband)


Thursday Afternoon:
I joined a group of bloggers for a hike through the city to a lunch spot called The Ginger Man. It was quite tasty!  Two other bloggers didn't get in the pictures but they were there: Memory from Stella Matutina, and Jenny from Jenny's Books.

Kim from Sophisticated Dorkiness, Theresa from Shelf Love, Anastasia from Birdbrain(ed) Book Blog 


Rebecca from Rebecca Reads and me

17 comments:

bermudaonion said...

That dinner looks like so much fun! I can't believe I missed seeing Natalie and Jason.

Anonymous said...

I love to see all those book bloggers! Thanks for the photos!

Jenn's Bookshelves said...

You took the best pictures. Totally snagging a bunch of them!

Ryan said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.

Alyce said...

How wonderful that you got to meet so many bloggers! It looks like you had a fabulous time!

Florinda said...

I'm so glad I was at your dinner on Wednesday - and that you have such great pictures from it! Please put me on your list for next year :-D.

Amanda said...

I love all of these Heather! Especially that one where Megan and Ash are matching. :D

Natalie~Coffee and a Book Chick said...

Yay, what a great time! You are THE BEST! Loved meeting you and can't wait for next year - like Florinda wrote above, put me on your list, too! :)

Beth F said...

How cool that you got to spend time with so many different people. Love your photos.

Anonymous said...

I love seeing all those happy bloggers! Looks like you all had a great time!

Marce said...

Love the pictures, thanks for sharing. I came over from Natalies blog. Going to check out your blog more.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

This was a lot of fun Heather - thanks for putting it together :)

avisannschild said...

Thanks for sharing all these pics -- it's so nice to put faces to names. Glad you had such a great time in NYC and hope to see you there next year!

Megan said...

I definitely had a great time at Wednesday dinner, too, so glad you planned it! Also so glad you're a good blogger who takes lots of photos, unlike yours truly here. Hope you don't mind if I snag a few for my recap posts. =)

Jenny said...

Hi! :) I'm glad you took such good pictures although I am pleased with my decision not to be in them because I take terrible pictures. :p

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Fun fun fun!! I absolutely love putting faces with so many names that I recognize.

Serena said...

looks like there was even more fun off the BEA convention stage than last year. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin