Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Monday, October 31, 2011

Dueling Monsters: Dr. Moreau Recap



Thank you to everyone who participated in the Dr. Moreau portion of this year's Dueling Monsters read-a-long! I hope you enjoying getting to know Moreau - he certainly gave me the creeps ...
Be sure to check out all the reviews and see if others had the same reaction to the book that you did. And if I forgot to include your review here let me know in the comments.
  • Nick @ Lions and Men - "the novel was a fun ride through a haunted house of grotesque beasts and even more nefarious men"
  • Trisha @ eclectic/eccentric - "the main premise in this short novel is about playing god"
  • Bev @ My Reader's Block - "hands down, Wells writes a nightmare like nobody's business"
  • Erin @ Erin Reads - "Moreau [...] should appear next to this particular meaning of “monster” in the dictionary"
  • SFP @ Pages Turned - "Doctor Moreau is, in short, as psychopathic as they come"
  • Jill @ Fizzy Thoughts - "Wells managed to create a character utterly lacking in morals"
  • and mine - "The cruelty of humanity scares me more than just about anything else in this world"
One of my favorite podcasts, Guys Can Read, also read and discussed Moreau this month. You can check out their fascinating take on the book in their two part review.

Thank you to everyone who participated! I hope you had a good time with this year's monsters! Now to figure out which ones we'll pick in 2012 ...

9 comments:

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

I wish I would have read this with you... I got caught up in life happenings and never got there.

Sounds like it was a n interesting read.

Ann Summerville said...

Great post.
Ann

Kailana said...

I read both of them but then didn't have time to post. :(

Miri said...

I can't believe I missed this this year...well, I'll just have to read the book now.

Laura's Reviews said...

I've always meant to read these books, but haven't yet. Great idea!

Nan said...

Thank you for the mention of the Guys Can Read podcast. I've just subscribed.

Ryan said...

Just came by to say Merry Christmas! Hope you and yours are having a wonderful day.

Amanda said...

Hope you had a great Christmas and new year!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Sounds like an interesting read. I've been in the mood for some creepy books lately.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin