Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Monday, August 2, 2010

Children of God Read-a-long

 

Perhaps you recall me raving about a book called THE SPARROW, by Mary Doria Russell a few months ago? I loved it so much when I first read it years ago that I decided to co-host a read-a-long to introduce it to more readers. Many of you joined in and I don't think anyone was disappointed.

Now it's time to tackle the follow-up book that the author wrote a few years later, CHILDREN OF GOD.  Some people hate this book and some (like me) love it more than the first one.  Which side will you fall on?  It's time to find out!

Pick up a copy of the book and join Florinda @ The Three Rs and I as we return to Rakhat and see what we discover there ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Updated to add:

I'll be posting discussion questions mid-month in case you're ready to discuss the book then (here's the link to the discussion questions: http://age30books.blogspot.com/2010/08/children-of-god-read-long-discussion.html).  Florinda will recap the read-a-long and offer a place to link to your reviews at the end of the month.

2 comments:

Bibliolatrist said...

YES!!! I've been waiting for August for this very reason!

Now, can we start reading immediately, or should we wait to follow a schedule?

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Bibliolatrist - Nope, no schedule, just read at your own pace. :) Discussion questions will be posted here mid-month and you can choose to answer them or not. Florinda will recap on her blog at the end of the month, so just plan to finish before then. So glad you're joining us!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin