Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Friday, September 3, 2010

Coming Soon!

Just a quick heads-up on what's coming in the next few weeks ...

In-real-life events: 

Sept. 24-26 - Baltimore Book Festival - are you planning to be there? I'd love to meet you! I'll be there on Sunday to moderate two panels (details on those will be posted soon as well).

Sept. 25 - National Book Festival (DC) - if you're going to this event, maybe we can hook up for dinner later on?


Blogging events:

Sept. 13-17 - Book Blogger Appreciation Week - the book blogging world will be buzzing with posts this week in celebration of the wonderful community we have - expect general craziness here and at other book blogs

October - the return of Dueling Monsters, a read-a-long where Fizzy Thoughts and I each choose a book to read and we decide at the end which "monster" was better - this year we've chosen The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, and The Picture of Dorian Gray - are you interested in reading either one with us?  I'll post full details on that soon.

10 comments:

Trisha said...

I love your choices for dueling monsters! I'll be reading The Picture of Dorian Gray again about that time for my Intro to Lit class, so I may jump on board!

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Trisha - I'm so excited! We had a lot of fun with this last year and I'm sure we will again this time. Hope you'll be able to join us!

Alyce said...

I recognize the title, but didn't know that The Picture of Dorian Gray had anything to do with monsters. I must brush up on my scary lit. :)

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Alyce - We're using the term "monsters" rather loosely ... :)

Valerie said...

I enjoyed doing Dueling Monsters last year, so am tempted to do this one again! Dorian Gray would be a re-read for me. Both books deals with leading a double life, so it works!

Cyndel said...

I'm definitely coming to the Baltimore Book Festival. I'm starting a book club with one of my friends, and we plan on coming to your panel about it!

Amanda said...

I heard about that Dueling Monsters thing last night on Twitter from Jill, and oh my gosh you two couldn't have made it harder, could you? Those are two of my favorite books and I've read them both 3-4 times. I've read the GN of Dorian Gray as well, and want to read the GN of J&H. Sigh. I have no idea which side to choose.

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Valerie - It's funny that it worked out like that b/c we didn't actually think about it ahead of time! I hope you can join us again this year. :)

Cyndel - YAY! I'm looking forward to meeting you - please find me and say hello!

Amanda - I think I saw a GN of Jekyll and Hyde as well, but I can't be sure of that. I hope you'll join us for at least one of the books. :)

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

I may do the Dueling Monsters (if I can fit it in!). I've been wanting to read Dorian Gray.

Also, wanted to let you know that I'm hosting a read-a-thon the first week of fall. Details and sign up are here: http://thetruebookaddict.blogspot.com/2010/09/sign-up-for-fall-catch-up-read-thon.html

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Michelle - I hope you can join us! And now that I know the read-a-thon is a week long thing, I might be able to work in some good reading time that week.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin