- Literary Walking tours: Take this guided 90-minute walking tour with the Maryland Humanities Council past Mount Vernon’s elegant mansions and majestic cultural institutions and follow in the footsteps of the many famous authors, poets, and editors who sojourned in Baltimore’s cultural hub.
- Meet authors you love, and have the chance to really chat with them
- Visit A Likely Story Bookstore and meet some fabulous childrens book authors.
- Debate the merits of Zombies versus Unicorns: Holly Black and Justine Larbalestier lead their teams of authors in a debate inspired by their new short story collection Zombies versus Unicorns.
- Hang out with other bloggers at The Wonderful World of Book Blogging panel
- Snack on funnel cakes and soft serve ice cream and watch cooking demos from famous chefs
- Bring your little kiddos to be a part of the storybook parade where they can meet their favorite costumed characters and march around the festival to fun music on Saturday at noon.
- Chat with blogger-friendly authors like Sarah Pekkanen, author of The Opposite of Me (hi Sarah!).
Friday, September 24, 2010
This Weekend ...
Cool things to do at the Baltimore Book Festival this weekend: