Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Joining the Support Your Local Library Challenge

Aah, a challenge that isn't really a challenge! Since I get the vast majority of my books from the library anyway, this will be more of a "patting myself on the back" thing than a challenge. :) I won't be making a reading list for this one, just adding them as I pick them up.



Here are the rules according to J. Kaye:
  1. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate.
    --Non-Bloggers: Post your list of books in the comment section of the wrap-up post. To learn how to sign up without having a blog, click here.

  2. There are four levels:
    --The Mini – Check out and read 25 library books.
    --Just My Size – Check out and read 50 library books. [Heather's note: This is the one I'm going for!]
    --Stepping It Up – Check out and read 75 library books.
    --Super Size Me – Check out and read 100 library books.
    (Aim high. As long as you read 25 by the end of 2010, you are a winner.)

  3. Audio, Re-reads, eBooks, YA, Young Reader – any book as long as it is checked out from the library count. Checked out like with a library card, not purchased at a library sale.

  4. No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.

  5. Crossovers from other reading challenges count.

  6. Challenge begins January 1st thru December, 2010.

  7. When you sign up under Mr. Linky, put the direct link to your post where your library books will be listed. Include the URL to this post so that other viewers can find this fun challenge. If you’d prefer to put your list in the sidebar of your blog, please leave your viewers the link to the sign up page. Again, so viewers can join the challenge too.

So ... is anyone else joining this one?!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you are joining in the fun challenge. I can't wait for 2010!

Becca said...

I am doing this challenge too this year! I need to get more books from the library. Now if there was just a way they could contact me and say hey, get your booty over here before your books are late again!

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

bermudaonion & J. Kaye - Thanks! This should be an easy one for me. :)

Rebecca :) - Does your library not have an email reminder system?! Mine will send a reminder a day before the books are due - it's such a help to me!

Anonymous said...

Yes. I'm up for this. It'll be easy if I merge in my children's books with it - though you might just notice. Otherwise 25 is probably the target I should be aiming for.

By the way, thanks for the link on your site. There's one for you at my end (in the Reading and Writing category).

Dreamybee said...

Now this is a challenge I could actually do! Your library emails you to remind you that your books are due? Mine sends a card that says your book is overdue and now you owe us money! LOL. I'm just happy to still have a library, even though the state just published a list of furlough days for the next year. :(

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

blackwatertown - Glad you're joining is as well! And you're welcome. ;)

Dreamybee - YAY! Go for it! And I LOVE my library for the email service they provide - it is a wonderful thing.

Britt said...

I might go for this one... if nothing else I'll be able to pat myself on the back like you said. :D

I get almost all my books from the library anyway.

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Britt - It's always a relief to join a challenge that isn't really challenging - go for it!

Becca said...

I am participating in this challenge, too. Seems like a win-win to me!

Dawn @ sheIsTooFondOfBooks said...

Nothing wrong with patting yourself on the back! Like Rebecca said, it's a win-win.

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Rebecca & Dawn - Gotta love a win-win!

Anonymous said...

Hmm - This probably isn't the place for updates, but so far my tally is 2.
How does that compare to anybody?

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Blackwatertown - I don't think there is an official place for updates (other than on your own blog) but I'm working on 2 myself right now.

Anonymous said...

Heather J. & blackwatertown - There is a weekly meme, It's Monday! What are you reading? Many post their updates there each week. Here's Monday's: http://j-kaye-book-blog.blogspot.com/2010/01/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-january.html


There will also be a monthly check in on the first Tuesday of each month, starting in Feb.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin