- Daddy - You can't have a list of D things with out that! I'm including both my daddy and my husband (who is a great dad to kiddo). The picture to the right is my daddy with my sister's youngest boy, who was named after him. And the picture below is kiddo's daddy.
- Dragons - the first "grown up" book I ever read was THE HOBBIT when I was in the first grade. Reading about Smaug the dragon hooked me for life. If you are a fan of Tolkien, or even simply a fan of great illustration, please go visit Justin Gerard's illustration of Smaug ... it is the best I've ever seen. In high school I found the dragons and fire lizards of Pern, created by Anne McCaffery ... oh, how I loved them!
- Dancing - This is something I'm not particularly good at but I can't help doing it. I LOVE LOVE LOVE music and simply can't stay still when it is on. Kiddo inherited that love as well. Did I tell you guys that he's taking Irish Step Dance lessons? And that is was HIS idea?! He has a recital coming up in a few weeks and I'm sure to have photos to post afterward!
- Dagoba - It's the home of Yoda, my all-time-favorite Star Wars character. I grew up on the Original trilogy and although the newer movies aren't as good, you have to admit that Yoda is awesome in them. (If you can't tell, I'm using Dagoba as an excuse to proclaim my love for Yoda. After all, the planet itself is pretty creepy.)
- Different & Divergent Opinions - One of the best parts of blogging is reading and sharing different opinion on books and miscellaneous other topics, don't you agree? It is no fun when everyone agrees on everything.
- Discovery - I love learning new things, be it discovering something in a book, tv programs on The Discovery Channel, or watching kiddo discover something for the first time.
- Digital Camera - I take photos all the time and my digital camera makes is SO very easy to take good ones. In case you're curious, I have a Sony Cybershot with a 10x zoom and 8.1 mega pixels. Oh how I love my camera! I take it (literally) everywhere I go.
- Digital Scrapbooking - And speaking of pictures, I am not one of those people who keeps all my photos on the disk or on my computer. No ma'am. I've been a Creative Memories scrapbooker (and consultant) for 10 years so most of my photos are displayed in albums around my house. My NEW favorite thing is digital scrapbooking though. There is no mess and the complete albums are MUCH smaller and easier to display. Here's a link to the software I use if you want to check it out. I highly recommend it!
- Dough, as in chocolate chip cookie dough - Yep, I'm one of "those" people, the ones who eat it raw. Hubby yells at me because I buy the tubes of dough then nibble at them until they are gone without ever baking a singe cookie.
- Dublin - I've been to Ireland twice, but only to Dublin once. It is a city that I would love to spend more time in though. Not only is it beautiful and full of history, but it is fun and vibrant as well. Hubby and I did the double-decker bus tour during our few days there. Ah, the memories! Here are some photos of the city (not taken by me, unfortunately) for you to enjoy. On the left is the General Post Office (GPO) ,on the right is Temple Bar, and below is Kilmainham Gaol. Bonus points to anyone who can tell me the any historical event that took place at either the GPO or the Gaol ...
Doubtless there are delightful deluges of D words I could dump here (like diatribe, diaphanous, devilish, dionysian, dystopia, and damn) but I've delivered my donation of drudgery to your day and I'm dubious my digression can be delivered with daring dash and ... ok, I'll stop now ... after all there's nothing as detrimental as beating a dead horse. Ok, ok, I'm really done now!
And those are my 10 favorite D things! I hope you enjoyed them. If you would like to get in on the fun, post a comment and let me know - I'll assign you a letter and wait with baited breath to see what you come up with!