Since we're starting off a new year, I'm going to make a small change to my monthly summaries. In addition to the recap I'm also going to let you know which were my favorite reads of the month. Sound good? Ok, here we go.
Books - 5 (1,669 pages)
- Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress (184 pages)
- Breaking Dawn (768 pages)
- Interpreter of Maladies (198 pages)
- Being Written (193 pages)
- Starfinder (326 pages)
Short Story/Essay - 1 (8 pages)
- A Modest Proposal (8 pages)
Audio Books - 3 (33.75 hours)
- The Man Who Loved China (9.25 hours)
- The Jeeves Collection (8.75 hours)
- The Thirteenth Tale (15.75 hours)
Books I Stopped Reading
Looking back, I see that I've been listening to more audio books than usual. That's because I've been browsing the library's online catalog and ordering anything that looks even remotely interesting. I've met with (mostly) success so far so I think I'll continue with that plan for a while. Plus I'm in the car for 40 minutes each day so it doesn't take long to work through even lengthy audio books.
I've been reading "real" books a lot this month as well but I haven't finished two of them so they won't appear until February's list is compiled. Oh well, that's how it goes.
How did YOUR month go?