- Are you a LOST fan? Then why are you not hanging out at the LOST Books Challenge Blog?! There are more than just book reviews over there, did you know that? Each week we are linking up to episode recaps at a variety of blogs, plus we're posting links to interviews with the cast and other LOST tidbits as we find them. Come on over and join us!
- Hey Lady! Whatch' Readin'? completely blew my mind with this post about whether you are an introvert or an extrovert. If you asked me (before I read that) which I was, I'd have said extrovert without hesitation. But now I'm convinced I'm an introvert ... who knew?!
- Ousted TWILIGHT director Catherine Hardwicke has a book coming out all about her experiences directing the film. The write-up at Redbox's blog, Redblog, definitely made me laugh!
- Lots of mummies, from 400 years ago up to a 2-year old girl who died in 1920, all on display in Italy - the photos in this post are amazing and creepy at the same time.
- Ever wonder when you should post the review for an ARC (Advanced Reader Copy) you receive from a publisher? Reviewer X has some excellent guidelines direct from the publicists.
- 500 years ago King Henry VIII's of England took the throne. This fascinating article by author Philippa Gregory discusses the King's enormous size later in life and includes pictures of his armor and other clothing, all of which are part of an exhibit at in The Tower of London.
- Legendary sci-fi/horror memorabilia collector Forrest Ackerman died recently and his collection is going up for auction. There are some amazing things up for grabs. Personally I'd like the book pictured here but I guess I'm in the minority - of the items shown, it has the lowest price tag.
- And on a more personal note, I have another post up at ReadingGroupGuides.com. This time I recapped my book club's experience reading Jhumpa Lahiri's INTERPRETER OF MALADIES. Hop on over to read it, and leave a comment if you like.
Monday, February 16, 2009
Lovely Links #11
It is that time again, time for Lovely Links! Here is a short list of things I've come across lately that I thought you mind find interesting ...