This intro post will be up all week to help new visitors get acquainted with my blog. If you are looking for new posts this week, simply scroll down past this one and continue reading.
For those new around here, I'm Heather J. and this is my blog. I'm a wife and a mom, a part-time sales/marketing coordinator, and a book blog addict. I also run a book club in the greater Baltimore/Annapolis area called Storie delle Sorelle, and I do my best to promote book clubs in any way I can. Of course, if you met me during "The Book Club Toolkit" panel then you probably already know that. :)
If you have any questions or need to contact me please feel free - I'd love to chat with you. To get my email address from my profile, click here then right click on "Email" to copy my address.
Most of my posts are book/audio book reviews of historical fiction, fantasy, nonfiction, etc. (you won't find much young adult or romance here, sorry). Sometimes you'll find author guest posts/interviews and contests. In addition, I have a Mom & Son Book Club with my 7 year old son, Kiddo; we do joint posts from time to time.
The next week will be a bit out of the ordinary around here. Kiddo has surgery scheduled for 9/29 so I'll be doing more personal updates than usual and less book reviews. However I do hope you will stick around - I promise to get back to "normal" soon.
I realize that not everyone is used to reading blogs. If this is a new experience for you, I'm so glad you're giving it a try! The basic idea is that I write book reviews, etc. and you read them and (hopefully) comment on them. If you think of a question or comment as you're reading, hold that thought until you get to the end of the post (article). There you will see a line that says something like this: "posted by Heather J. at 10:15am. 2 comments." Click on the word "comments" and a new screen will open. Scroll to the bottom of that screen and you'll see a place to write in your comment/question. When you finish writing click the "Publish Your Comment" button, and you're all done! I respond to all comments so be sure to check back if you are looking for my answer.
If you have any questions or need to get in touch with me, please use the contact info provided in my profile or leave a comment on any post asking me to contact you.
- Every month you can read about my book club's current read at blog at ReadingGroupGuides.com.
- This month I'm hosting a read-a-long of CRANFORD, by Elizabeth Gaskell - all are welcome to join, even though the month is almost over (it's a really short book).
- In October I'm co-hosting a Dueling Monsters read-a-long - you can read either FRANKENSTEIN or DRACULA. Details on that will be posted here on 10/1/09.
- From November '09 through February '10 I'll be co-hosting the Really Old Classics Challenge. Details will be posted both here and at that blog in late October.
- Once ABC TV's show LOST starts it's final season, you'll find me doing episode recaps for the LOST Books Challenge at that blog.