- Does your club have a purpose? if so, what is it? clubs are different, there can be many difference purposes
- How often to meet - usually once a month, is your club different? how?
- New book club vs. existing club - how to find members, how to choose members (based on club goals)
- Is your club open to new members? Under what conditions?
- Does your club have rules or guidelines – paperbacks only? available at library? specific genres excluded? etc.
- There needs to be something worth discussing in the book
- How far in advance do you choose? Benefits/drawbacks to that system?
- How does your club deal with this? one person or rotating leaders?
- Responsibilities include what? why is this needed?
- Research before the meeting – where to find info, what to look for
- Keeping the discussion on track - tips/suggestions?
- Dealing with books you don’t like - suggestions?
- Book/movie tie-in, themed meeting, new meeting place, etc.
- Problems you've had in your club, and solutions?
- List common problems, suggest tools for dealing with them
- Ask for audience questions - what do they need help with