This intro post will be up all week to help new visitors and my current readers to keep track of what's going on around here. To find new the posts each day, simply scroll down past this one and continue reading.
For those new around here, I'm Heather J. and this is my blog. :) I'm a wife and a mom, a part-time sales/marketing coordinator, and a book blog addict. I also run a book club in the greater Baltimore/Annapolis area and do my best to promote book clubs in any way I can.
Most of my posts are book (or audio book) reviews of historical fiction, fantasy, nonfiction, etc. (you won't find much YA or romance here, sorry). Sometimes you'll find author guest posts/interviews and contests. In addition, I have a Mom & Son Book Club with my 7 year old, Kiddo; we do joint posts from time to time. I sporadically participate in a few weekly events: Friday Finds, My Favorite Reads, What's On Your Nightstand?, and Kids' Picks.
- Anyone in the greater MD/PA/DE/VA/DC area is welcome to join me at the Baltimore Book Festival on 9/26/09 at noon for the panel I'm moderating: The Book Club Toolkit: Tips and Tools for Starting and Improving Your Book Club.
- This month I'm hosting a read-a-long of CRANFORD, by Elizabeth Gaskell - all are welcome to join, even though the month is half over as it is a really short book.
- In October I'm co-hosting a Dueling Monsters read-a-long - you can read either FRANKENSTEIN or DRACULA. Details on that will be posted here on 10/1/09.
- From November '09 through February '10 I'll be co-hosting the Really Old Classics Challenge. Details will be posted both here and at that blog in late October.
- Once ABC's show LOST starts it's final season, you'll find me doing episode recaps for the LOST Books Challenge at that blog.
- I also write for the blog at ReadingGroupGuides.com about my book club's monthly meetings.
BBAW is a crazy week in the book blogosphere. I'll be doing my best to keep up but I know I won't be commenting as much as I usually do. Rest assured that I WILL visit every blog associated with BBAW (although it might take a few weeks). And I WILL reply to comments as quickly as possible. If you need to get in touch with me quickly, please use the contact info provided in my profile.