Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Dueling Monsters: Frank's Recap


Thank you to everyone who participated in this month of Dueling Monsters! I had lots of fun with it - and I think FizzyThoughts did too.

Frankenstein vs. Dracula - who wins?

When I read Dracula earlier this year I was completely surprised by how much I enjoyed it (here's my review). It was not what I expected but it was much, MUCH better than I hoped. Unfortunately the same can't be said for Frank; I was rather disappointed in this one. On entertainment value alone I'd say that Dracula is the clear winner for me ... and it seems like most of you would agree.

But here's the real question: Who would win in a fight?

Dracula has strength and speed, but then again so does Dr. Frank's monster. The monster seems to be immune to most discomfort, but so does Dracula. Each has his own set of weaknesses/flaws ... so who would win? Let me know in the comments. I'll give you my answer at the very end of this post.


Frankenstein Reviews
If any of the rest of you posted recaps, I must have missed them so please do let me know in the comments. I'll be away from the computer most of the day put I promise to add you to the list just as soon as I can.

Lezlie @ Books 'N Border Collies - - Michelle @ Fluttering Butterflies ~ Susan @ Plays With Needles ~ Stacey @ Unruly Reader ~ Becky @ Becky's Book Reviews ~ tokemise @ By Hook or By Book ~ Natasha @ Maw Books ~ ~ Nicole @ Linus's Blanket ~ Joanne @ The Book Zombie


For Dracula Reviews visit Fizzy Thoughts's recap post.


Thank you to all the participants! I hope to do this again next year ... maybe with Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and some other "horror" classic?


In answer to my question above of who would win in a fight, I'm going to go with Dracula. Yes he has to stay out of sunlight and all that but even if Dr. Frank's monster came upon him unawares I still think Drac could take him. Of course, the montser is pretty smart so he might bring a crucifix and some holy water so I guess you never know ...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just posted my wrap-up.

Much as it pains me, I think Frank might be able to take Dracula. He seems so indestructible. Unless, Dracula showed up with those 3 creepy women. Then Frank might fall in love and Dracula could take advantage of his weakness.

Anna van Gelderen said...

Hmm, Dracula survived for centuries and now I read that he has recently been revived by Bram Stoker's great grand-nephew. I don't think poor Frank stands much chance against so much evil tenacity.

Robin M said...

I think Dracula's more scary than Frankenstein. Enjoyed the read-a-long. Great Idea. Look forward to doing it again sometime.

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

*** thanks for weighing in! ***

Blog Widget by LinkWithin