Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Monday, October 19, 2009

How to Raise a Modern-Day Joseph

How to Raise a Modern-Day Joseph:
A Practical Guide for Growing Great Kids
by Linda Massey Weddle
220 pages





*** About the Book ***

This book is a step by step guide for Christian families that explains how to help children (from birth through teen) learn to know who God is and also to love him and serve Him, just as Joseph did in the Biblical Old Testament. It based on the book RAISING A MODERN DAY JOSEPH, by Larry Fowler and is associated with the Christian organization AWANA.




*** Why I Read It ***

I heard about this book from a publicist, and I was interested for two reasons: Hubby and I are Christians and we're raising Kiddo that way, and Kiddo is involved in the AWANA program at our church. For those reasons I requested a copy for review.


*** My Thoughts ***



This book is exactly what is claims to be: a practical guide. There are sections for children at every age from birth through the teen years with helpful tips for imparting Biblical knowledge at each age. Each section is followed by a worksheet to fill in based on your family's specific needs.

The book is very successful as a stand-alone guide. Although the book it is based on would likely be good as well, I didn't feel it was necessary to read it in order to understand this one.



If you are a Christian family looking for help raising your children in your faith, this is an excellent resource and I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin