Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Friday, October 30, 2009

Knife of Dreams

Knife of Dreams
by Robert Jordan
audio book: 32 hours

I'm not really going to review this book ... more like, I'm making a note that I listened to it. This is the 11th book in Jordan's epic fantasy series "The Wheel of Time" (I've written about this over and over again). Suffice it to say that if you enjoy Fantasy in the least bit, you simply must read this. Go pick up the first book, THE EYE OF THE WORLD, and tell me that it doesn't blow you away. Go ahead, do it - I DARE YOU!

I first read this book when it came out 4 years ago. Last year I listened to the audio book when I decided to revisit the entire series (via audio) prior to the release of the next book. I listened to it again this month because I wanted to be completely up on the plots in preparation for LAST NIGHT when I got my copy of book 12, THE GATHERING STORM ... which I will be immersed in reading later today.

I'm currently immersed in writing up a recap of last night's FANTASTIC book signing event. I should have something up both here and at Tor.com within the next 24 hours ... I hope!

In the meantime, here's a picture of me from this morning - I CAN.NOT.WAIT to start reading!!!

10 comments:

Lezlie said...

I LOVED the first three books in this series! They are still on my list of all-time favorites. After that, I kept up but just didn't feel the same about the others. That being said, I'm on the wait list at the library for newest offering. I've invested this much time, darn it! I want to know what happens! :-)

Lezlie

Ryan said...

I'm not getting Gathering Storm until I get the rest of the books reread. Love this series.

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Lezlie - It makes a huge difference when you read/listen to all the books in a row. At least, that's how I feel after revisiting the entire series consecutively last year. :)

Ryan G - How close ARE you? Oh and don't worry, my review of TGS will be spoiler free!

chrisa511 said...

I can imagine there are a LOT of people just as excited as you right now about TGS!! I haven't read any of The wheel of Time series, but I have friends who are ecstatic about it! So I know you must be too!

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Chris - YEAH BABY!!!

Florinda said...

I may have to get you in touch with my son after you read/review The Gathering Storm. He's liked Lezlie, except more so - he loved the first five books in the series, then started to feel they were getting repetitive, and then he got fed up with the whole thing. I've never read any of the books myself, but I'd love it if he could be convinced to give them another shot!

Suey said...

You are making me crazy because I haven't read ANY of them yet! I need to make a major goal. Maybe create a challenge? Hmmm... sheesh. I've really got to read them.

Loved your recap of the signing. Looks like it was tons of fun. Lots of "geeky" looking people there! :)

Kailana said...

I read the first book in this series and wanted to wait the rest, but I was waiting for more to be released... I still haven't read book two! I should, though!

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Florinda - No problem! I'd love to try to reconvert him to WoT fandom. :) But like I told Lezlie, they work much MUCH better if you read them one after the other - or maybe try the audio books (that worked well for me!)

Suey - Ooh, a personal WoT challenge!!! Great idea! You really must read these ... preferably soon. :) Glad you enjoyed my recap!

Kailana - Well, here's the deal: book 13 comes out in Nov 2011 and book 14 (the final book) comes out in Nov 2012. So if you start the series sometime in 2011, you should be able to get through it all just in time for the release of the final book. What do you think of my plan for you?! ;)

Beth F said...

How exciting!!! I listened to New Spring in 2008 and meant to go through the series . . . then a few weeks later I started blogging and all plans went down the tube!

Must get back to this.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin