- Feb. 5 was the last day Kiddo was at school due to the snow, and that was a half day. He finally went back on Feb. 17, but Wed-Fri are all half days. I love my child but I need a break!
- I’ve had to use up several precious vacation days to stay home with Kiddo. Not that he isn’t worth it, but I’d rather have used them to do something fun, you know?
- Hubby thought he got bit by a spider, possibly a brown recluse, so he went to the doctor yesterday. No, it isn’t a spider bite, it is a staph infection. A STAPH INFECTION! How the heck did he get it?! And did I mention that it is a very aggressive staph infection, and possibly resistant to antibiotics? And that the side effects of the infection are that he feels like he has the flu (minus the actual vomiting, thankfully). And that he used up his leave from work dealing with the snow, so he isn’t getting paid until he can get back to work? Oh, and that there is a chance he’ll end up in the hospital if the medicines don’t work? (I’m sure there is something here to be thankful about … give me a few days and I’m bound to come up with it!)
- My cousin is coming to visit on Friday and is staying until Wednesday. I’m very behind in my house cleaning (yet again, due to the snow), and will likely be further behind now that Hubby is sick. Ugh.
- My reading has really slacked off this month. Here again I blame things on the snow, but there is another reason as well – two of the books I’m trying to read aren’t holding my attention. I’ll have another post about them soon, probably saying that I’m giving up on them. Sad.
- My book club has had some growing pains recently. After a spate of emails I think we have finally settled on the direction we want to go in the future. I’m sad to say that we lost a few members, but I hope that all our members – present and past – are content with the decisions we’ve each made.
- The Olympics have been another time suck for me lately. I LOVE watching the events but they are simply SO LONG. We’ve mostly been watching Ice Hockey (Kiddo is rooting for Russia because Ovechkin, Semin, and Malkin are playing for them) and snowboarding this time around. I am also really enjoying learning things about Canada, just as I do about the Host Country during every Olympics.
- With all that is going on, I completely forgot to watch LOST on Tuesday night. Oh the horror! I’m hoping to watch it online late one night this week …
Thursday, February 18, 2010
A Rambly Post ...
Today I bring you a rather rambly post, simply because my brain is still refusing to work …