Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Book Club Contest: Mr. Rosenblum Dreams In English

What is better than discussing a great book with your book club?  Having cookies to eat with it, that's what!  Here's your chance to provide both books AND cookies for your club's next meeting.  Your fellow club members will love you forever for that, right?!


The Book: Mr. Rosenblum Dreams in English


Mr. Rosenblum Dreams in English: A NovelAt the start of World War II, Jack and Sadie Rosenblum flee Berlin for London with their baby daughter, Elizabeth. Upon arrival, Jack receives a pamphlet from the German Jewish Aid Committee on how to act like a proper Englishman. He follows it to the letter—Saville Row suits, the BBC, trips to Covent Garden, a Jaguar—and it works like a charm. The Rosenblums settle into a prosperous new life.

Just one item on the list eludes him: “An Englishman must be a member of a golf course.” No golf course in England at the time will admit a Jew. But the list is now the guiding document in Jack’s life, and he must check off the final item. So he decides to build his own golf club in the Dorset countryside. For the second time, Sadie leaves a home she loves. And despite ancient customs, British snobbery, mythical beasts, and a shrinking bank account, they triumph once again.

I recently added this book to my TBR list and am REALLY looking forward to reading it!

In case I haven't convinced you that this is a great book to try, check out this charming book trailer that was created for the UK version of the book (titled Mr. Rosenblum's List):



The Cookies: Walker's Shortbread

I'm not sure which box of cookies you'll be getting but it's one of these lovelies.


The Deal: How to Enter the Contest
  1. Leave a comment that includes the name of your book club (if you have one), the number of members, and the US state in which you live
  2. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you win
  3. The contest runs through next Monday (11/15/10); I'll contact the winner via email on Tuesday.  The winner has 24 hours to respond before I select a new winner.
  4. The Small Print, per the publisher: This contest is open to US residents only.  A maximum of 12 books and boxes of cookies will be shipped to the winning book club.

6 comments:

CarrieM said...

My book club is called Rainy day readers. We are in Oregon, and this is such a fun giveaway, we'd love to win this book! carrie dot hare@ gmail.com

Marg said...

I am reading this at the moment and it is so good!

No need to enter me into the draw, just wanted to say that it is really good!

Elisabeth said...

I just brought this book home from the library today. If I win this I will wait to read it with my book group. We do our picks in December, so the timing is perfect!

Marie Cloutier said...

you don't have to enter me- i just wanted to say i loved this book and i envy the winners!

Dawn @ sheIsTooFondOfBooks said...

I've also read the book (and LOVED it!) ... I'd love to win the prize for my neighborhood book group to read and discuss.

We're the Rev Road Readers in Mass. We have 11 members, but only 10 would need the book. We would ALL need the cookies!

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Congrats to Dawn and the Rev Road Readers for winning this contest!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin