Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

photos from Towers of Midnight signing

I recently had the chance to attend the book signing for the latest Wheel of Time book, Towers of Midnight, by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson. Although I didn't get to help out the way I did last year I did have a wonderful time being a part of the audience! Here's quick look at this most fabulous evening.

Cassy (one of the volunteer Tower Guards selected by Tor) announces that Brandon and Harriet's plane is running a bit late

Stephen (aka Perrin), Cassy, me, and Justin

a bit of the crowd waiting for Brandon & Harriet to speak

Brandon during the Q&A, with Harriet behind him

Tom & Monica (from Bibliophilic Book Blog)

Tom getting his book signed

Stephen getting his book signed

me reading after my book was signed

the Tower Guards made an amazing poster for Brandon & Harriet

Brandon, Harriet, the Tower Guards, and Stephen doing a wolf howl in honor of Perrin

A longer recap of the event was posted at Dragonmount.com - definitely check it out, if only to see pictures of two kids who were named after characters in the books!

And this quick video is for my friends at the WotCast, Amit and Marco:



As you can see from the pictures, I started reading the book that very night.  I still haven't finished it.  Why? Because I'm savoring EVERY.SINGLE.PAGE.  I refuse to read more than 2-3 chapters each day because I want to drag this out as long as possible.   The next book comes out about a year from now and it will be the last book ... oh the horror!  I can't believe after all the years I've been reading these books (since the early 1990s) the series will finally come to an end.  I'm so happy to have found other Wheel of Time fans to attend events like this with me - it has made the last two books even more fun to anticipate and read.

10 comments:

ibeeeg said...

The event looks like it was a blast. I am glad that you had a lot of fun, and that you are finding the book great.

I hope that I will be able to attend a signing when the last book is released. Very psyched about this series.

ImageNations said...

I love readings and book signings. I attend any that occur in Ghana. I am happy for you, though the video wouldn't play over here. All the same nice shots you have there.

bermudaonion said...

I know you were in heaven that evening! That looks like a great event!

Suey said...

What fun what fun! :) How's the savoring and going slow going? (Slow-going going? Ugh... you know what I mean!)

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

ibeeeg - I hope you can get to a signing for the final book as well - they are such fantastic events!

Nana - I'm sorry the video wouldn't work - it's posted on YouTube in case you want to try it there.

bermudaonion - Oh yes I was!

Suey - It's going really well. I actually finished the book last night and am now reading the Glossary. Do you read that part of the book? There are always tons of tidbits in there that I somehow missed in the actual book, and this time I hear that there is a spoiler in the Glossary ...

Lauren (Kip Mylo) said...

Thanks for this!

Dawn @ sheIsTooFondOfBooks said...

Looks like you had a great time at the event, heather! I love the pic of you reading, with that cutie little kid peeking in from the side.

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Lauren - Glad you enjoyed it@

Dawn - That kid was ADORABLE! He was climbing all around the chairs and smiling at everyone. :)

Beth F said...

Wow!!! What an evening! Lucky you.

Marie Cloutier said...

Looks like so much fun! :-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin