I love birthdays - no stressing about getting a year older for me! It's all about enjoying whatever age I currently am and getting the most out of it. Of course, it doesn't hurt that Kiddo often tells me I'm not old at all (he has 4 grandparents and 2 great-grandparents to compare me to and I'm definitely younger than them!).
On my birthday I get to:
- go work (boo!)
- spend time with Kiddo after school (yay!)
- help run tonight's Cub Scout meeting in which Kiddo's Den puts on a funny skit for the rest of the pack (yay!)
- finally get to relax with Hubby late tonight (phew!)
- pick up my copy of Towers of Midnight after work (squee!)
- have dinner with a group of Wheel of Time fans, only some of whom I've met before (fun!)
- join hundreds more fans at Brandon Sanderson's book signing after dinner, where I'll be steadily reading Towers of Midnight while I wait in line to get it signed (WOOHOO!)
Thanks to everyone has dropped by today to say happy birthday here, on Facebook, or on Twitter. You guys make my day!
PS. Since my blogging year goes from birthday to birthday, check back over the next few days to see which books I've picked as the best of the best from this year's reading!