Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Fabulous Authors Coming to Baltimore!

Baltimore Bookfest LogoI've been a bad blogger lately, and it's not that I don't have tons to write about ... I just need to sit down and WRITE!  Until then, check out this list of the fabulous authors who will be at the Baltimore Book Festival on Sept. 23-25.

I'm super excited to see Sherman Alexie! I've read one of his books and plan to read the other this year. And the author of THE NIGHT CIRCUS, Erin Morganstern, will be there! And Stephanie Dray, author of LILY OF THE NILE (I really liked that one). And Alma Katsu (THE TAKER), and Janet Mullaney (JANE OF THE DAMNED) and Laura Lippman, and many, many more! I am so excited about all this. :)

If you are planning to go to the festival please let me know - I'd love to meet up with you.

UPDATE: I forgot to mention that Matthew Norman, author of DOMESTIC VIOLETS will be there as well. And that there will be TWO panels on Steampunk - woohoo!

17 comments:

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Oh that sounds so fantastic - I am excited for you! I wish I was going!

bermudaonion said...

What fun! I wish I could join you!

Evie said...

I'm definitely going since Baltimore is only about 2 hours from me. I'm looking forward to reading The Night Circus and possibly getting the author to autograph my book!

Kristen said...

I wish I lived closer and could go! And I do love their logo. :-)

Marie Cloutier said...

argh, Sherman Alexie! I'm so jealous! Have a great time!

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

I wish you all could join me!

Evie - I'd love to meet you! Let's plan to get together at some point.

Andi said...

Totally envious! Would love to see Alexie, and I'm reading The Night Circus now, so I'd also love to see Morgenstern.

Enjoy!

Jenn's Bookshelves said...

We'll be there!!

Alyce said...

That sounds like so much fun!

Marg said...

I've just spent some times at Melbourne Writers Festival which I think has increased my appetite for festival events! The line up looks good for Baltimore.

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Andi - I'm REALLY excited about Alexie!

Jenn - Great - I'm looking forward to seeing you again. :)

Alyce - I know, right?!

Marg - I've been reading your posts - sounds like it was an amazing event. Hope you get to go to more like that!

Anna said...

I wasn't planning on going this year, but I'll have to give it some more thought now that I know Erin Morgenstern and Stephanie Dray will be there!

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Anna - Definitely let me know what you decide.

Books and the Scientist said...

I'm so excited that I'd plan to go this year. I hope to volunteer on one of the days and also I'm excited that Sherman Alexie will be there. Hopefully I can get my copy of 'The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian' that I got for banned books week signed!!!

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Books and the Scientist - I hope I get to meet you - I will definitely be at the Sherman Alexie event!

Michelle (Red Headed Book Child) said...

Ooh, sounds like fun. OUr Twin Cities Book Festival is coming up too. Have fun!

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Michelle - Thanks, it was a great event!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin