I have a guest post up today - July 4th - over at Desperately Seeking Sanity. Please, please, please take a minute or two to hop over there and read it ... I'd love to hear your thoughts. Feel free to comment over there or here on this post. As an added bonus, the gal that I'm blogging for is giving away a copy of More Than It Hurts You, by Darin Strauss to one lucky person who comments on one of the guest blogs. Since my readers are mostly "bookies" I'm SURE that will be enough incentive to hop on over there and post a comment!
We are in Boston this weekend for my brother-in-law's wedding. Today hubby and kiddo are visiting the grave of Paul Revere (kiddo is fascinated with him at present) and tonight we'll be all together at the wedding. Kiddo is the ringbearer and hubby is one of the 2 best men. Yes, they are getting married on the 4th, and no we can't see the fireworks from the reception. :(
- The Adoration of Jenna Fox, Mary E. Pearson - I skimmed reviews of this several times, convinced it wasn't my kind of book - I even declined to enter a contest to win a copy! Then I read this review, and now it's on my list.
- Apologies Forthcoming, by Xujun Eberlein - I'm not a fan of short stories, but I really want to try out this collection about the cultural revolution in China.
- Zara's Tales, by Peter Beard - a book created for his daughter about his travels in Africa
- Number the Stars, by Lois Lowry - I keep reading ABOUT it, why not actually READ it?
- New Guinea Tapeworms and Jewish Grandmothers: Tales of Parasites and People by Robert S. Desowitz - with a title like that, who could resist?!
- Evolution, Me & Other Freaks of Nature, by Robin Brande - although the reviews aren't glowing, they say it brings up some great issues
- Winter in Madrid, by CJ Sansoms - the setting is Spain during WWII, and that's one part of the world I've read little about