What's On Your Nightstand? is a new monthly activity over at 5 Minutes for Books. Go on over and check it out! This is the very first month and I'm excited to participate.
I've been reading a LOT lately, but work/home/life-in-general has been very busy and I haven't had time to FINISH books or write reviews. So I'm going to share with you the books that are stashed in my bed, in my bathroom, in my car, in my bag ... all of which I'm reading right now.
- In Defense of Food (Michael Pollan) - This is the one I'm really working on right now. I read it on my lunch break and before bed ... it goes wherever I go.
- Why the Wind Blows (Matthys Levy) - I keep this on at work in case I forget book #1.
- Delta of Venus (Anias Nin) - This one deserves a post all of it's own ... it's the first erotica I've ever read (and it's for the 1% Well Read Challenge too!). Oh my, oh my, oh my ... you'll just have to wait for my review for more details. I keep this one around the house and only read it occasionally - it's not an "every day" book!
- Some Experiences of an Irish RM (E. Somerville) - I keep this one in the bathroom. Sometime I even read it while brushing my teeth.
- Dracula (Bram Stoker) - This one is laying around the house somewhere. It's the lowest priority on the list right now but I have started it.
- 12,000 Miles In the Nick of Time (Mark & Rae Jacobson) - I started this one but put it aside ... it's calling to me but I just don't have time to pick it up right now.
- Eat, Pray, Love (Elizabeth Gilbert) - I actually finished this one last week but haven't done my review yet. My book club is discussing it on Aug. 3 and I'm participating in an online book club on Aug. 18 so I'll wait until then to post my thoughts.