- A traditional bookmark = 20 votes = 28%
- a clip-on bookmark = 5 votes = 7%
- a turned-down page corner = 9 votes = 12%
- whatever is handy at the time = 39 votes = 55%
- other = 6 votes = 8%
Personally, I'm curious about the OTHER answers. I really wanted responders to be able to fill in their OTHER answer, but I couldn't figure out how to make it work. As for me, I use a paper clips sometimes, and my dad always uses rubber bands which he stretches around the binding of the book and between the pages he wants to mark - have you ever heard of anyone else doing that?!
What's the weirdest thing you ever used as a bookmark? My honest answer - and this goes along with "whatever is handy at the time" - is a travel sized sanitary napkin, the kind in the yellow wrapper, that I had in my purse. Yep, that's pretty odd (and probably more than you really wanted to know about me). Do you have a better one?
I came across a cool post at Kimbooktu about a great way to read while you're at work. You've got to check it out! My only wish is that there were more books on there.
I left for Boston today for a busy wedding weekend but I still managed to bring along several books. I'm hoping for at least SOME reading time! Here's what I brought:
- Unholy Grail - my current book club book, meeting is on July 20
- Dracula - printed through Project Gutenberg, for Irresistible Review Challenge
- Why the Wind Blows - received from Online Publicist for review
Oh, and I promise to post a few pics of kiddo as the ring bearer. I can't wait to show you the cool shirt we got for him!