Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Monday, July 28, 2008

Show & Tell

When I checked in with Google Reader after 2.5 days away, I had 179 new posts to read. Ugh. That's what I get for being out of touch for a while.

I'm late for Show & Tell this week but I have a good excuse ... I had a FABULOUS weekend! And now I'm going to Show and Tell you all about it ... (I'll be back to book blogging tomorrow - have no fear.)

Friday: Our 10 year wedding anniversary! Hubby surprised me with an overnight getaway. It started with the "Couples Package" at a nearby spa. We had a room all to ourselves where we both got 1 hour massages. There was a heart-shaped hot tub already filled with warm water for after the massages, then we were served a lovely strawberry and spinach salad. While hubby got cleaned up I had a manicure and pedicure.

From the spa we drove to Annapolis and checked into a lovely hotel right downtown. Dinner was at a fantastic, out-of-the way steak house. Before we ate, hubby gave me a little box. Inside I found a matching necklace/earrings set. Kiddo helped hubby pick it out for me ... how sweet!

I thought that was the end of the surprises, but I was wrong. In the very bottom of the box was a ring. A man's wedding ring. As soon as I saw it, I couldn't help but cry (but just a few tears - I'm really not that weepy). You see, hubby hasn't had a wedding ring in over 7 years. He wore it when we were first married, but his job as a firefighter is risky for rings, so he often left it at home when he went to work. Back in June of 2001 we moved into our current house ... and his ring was lost in the move. I couldn't believe that after all this time, he would finally buy a ring for himself. To me, that was the very best part of the entire weekend.


Saturday: After a lovely evening at the fancy hotel, we had breakfast in bed. Then we headed to hubby's parents to pick up kiddo. From there we drove over to Virginia for the Rascal Flatts concert. What a blast! This was kiddo's first concert and he sang along to almost every song. We were REALLY far back on the lawn so kiddo had to sit on our shoulders for most of the show. Boy, my muscles are really sore today! Here's a video of what we saw of the concert; if you listen, you can hear the three of us singing along.



And here are some pics of us at the show. Enjoy!





























6 comments:

kristen said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend!! Thank you for sharing it... I loved seeing pics of your little guy, too! What a cutie...

Amanda said...

What a memorable anniversary! Your kiddo is too cute. You can tell how excited he is :)

Jill said...

sounds like an amazing weekend! Happy Anniversary!

Photogrl said...

What a great weekend you had!

Kiddo is way cute, too!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds you guys had a great weekend--and your son is precious!

Stephanie said...

Aww, happy anniversary! What a cutie you have there, and how sweet that he sang along to the songs, that's adorable!!!

Congrats on ten years!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin