I did have a good reading month though ...
Books - 5 (1,889 pages)
- Island (295 pages)
- Phineas Finn (776 pages)
- The Long Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven (242 pages)
- Alpine Americas (256 pages)
- Delta of Venus (320 pages)
Short Story/Essay - 2 (40 pages)
Audio Books - 1 (15.25 hours)
- Change of Heart (15.25 hours)
Mom & Son Book Club - 2 books (480 pages)
- Wizardology (32 pages)
- The Ark, the Reed, & the Fire Cloud (448 pages) - this link brings you kiddo's review and this one brings you mine
Books I Gave Up On - 1 (after 2 cassettes)
- How to Read and Why, by Harold Bloom - I had this on audio and I'm thinking that is not the best way to approach this book. I often found myself daydreaming instead of listening. After 2 cassettes I put it aside to listen to something else, and I never got back to it. I renewed it from the library 3 times and I've finally decided that I'm simply not going to listen to any more. I would like to actually read it at some point though.
In other news, I did finally get to see a Kindle 2 in person this month. I've never even seen a read Kindle 1 but can I tell you it was not at all what I expected? My boss bought it for his wife and since she and I share books, he asked me to download a few for her as a surprise. It was very easy ... and sort of fun. I'm still not convinced that I will ever want one but I was impressed all the same.
How did your month go?