- Ok, so this one isn't so "lovely" but it *is* fascinating. Check out this real-life abandoned island, one of the world's most toxic environmental disaster zones.
- Scientists in Australia are studying the platypus and here's some video of their work. First off, platypus's are adorable, are they not? And second, there's a cute guy in the video too! He's a young American named Steven Kolymyjec who is a University student in Australia. Is it just me, or are there very few cute scientists in the world today? I wish him lots of success in his studies - I'd love to see more of him!
- Klingon Summer School ... and a little old lady with a batleth ...
- One of Henry VIII's love letters to Anne Boleyn - in his own writing.
- The New Annotated Dracula is getting rave reviews and I really want a copy of this book to own. Tor.com's reviewer loved it and talks about "heavy and creamy paper" ... ah, heaven!
- Amazing photos from Captain Scott's doomed Antarctic adventure in 1910 ...
- Are you a fan of Neil Gaiman? I'll admit I have yet to read anything by him, but I'll also admit that I'm not very hopeful ... he doesn't seem like "my type" you know? This reviewer says the same thing and is looking for reasons why he's wrong - head on over and share yours.
- Guys Lit Wire is putting the focus on authors from around the world - have you read anything from his list?
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Lovely Links #12
It is time again for Lovely Links, the post where I inundate you with the wonderful/awful/strange/amazing things I've found online recently. Here we go!