Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Lovely Links #13

It is time again for Lovely Links, the post where I share with you all the fun and interesting things I've found around the internet lately. This time I've broken the list into groups ... do you like it better this way? Opinions, please.

And now, the Lovely Links ...

Books & Words
History
  • Here's your chance to hear an ancient Greek harp-like instrument. Read the details here and be sure to click the link directly below the picture (or this link) to actually HEAR the instrument. It is amazing to think that we're listening to something the Greeks listened to ...
  • Life imitates Indiana Jones? Well, not exactly, but this scene COULD have been in one of the movies - that's for sure!
TV& Movies
Other Interesting Things
  • Are you a gardener? Then check out my local newspaper's new Garden Blog. There are tips specifically for mid-Atlantic gardeners, but I'm sure there will be great info for all gardeners as well!
  • The scrapbooker in me was THRILLED with this post about creative camera angles. These are simple tips we all can use to break away from boring photos.
  • Absolutely gorgeous artwork inspired by Tolkien and other fantasy authors. I would love to have this stuff framed in my house.

Those are my Lovely Links for today. I hope you have enjoyed checking out the things that have caught my attention recently. Happy March to you all!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, I loved Jericho when it was on the air. A comic book series and movie would be awesome :) Thanks for the link.

Kim

Dreamybee said...

That list of mispronounced words and phrases is interesting. Overall, I'm doing all right, but some of that stuff I had no idea about. Really, it's card sharp, not card shark?? Does that apply to pool sharks and loan sharks too? Shark just seems so much more appropriate!

Michelle Fluttering Butterflies said...

Ooh, thanks for the heads up about Jericho. I don't think I'd be interested in a comic book series, but I'd see the movie.

Neil Richard said...

I had heard about the Jericho comics, but not the movie! That's great news for a great series.

Amanda said...

The Book of Kells movie!!! I LOVE illuminated manuscripts...I am SO going to watch that. Thanks for posting that. Oh...and I loved watching Jericho. Sad it was cancelled.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin