And now, the Lovely Links ...
Books & Words
- Open Mind Insert Book reviewed a fascinating book about scientist who experiemented on themselves. Her review includes some of the things they did to themselves - go read it and be horrified.
- My recap of my book club's discussion of CHANGE OF HEART (a book I despised) is up at ReadingGroupGuides.
- Check out some of the most commonly mispronounced words in the English language. You can listen to each one too! I have to disagree with one of their corrections though - no one should ever be pronouncing the "l" in yolk ... it's just ODD.
- Here's your chance to hear an ancient Greek harp-like instrument. Read the details here and be sure to click the link directly below the picture (or this link) to actually HEAR the instrument. It is amazing to think that we're listening to something the Greeks listened to ...
- Life imitates Indiana Jones? Well, not exactly, but this scene COULD have been in one of the movies - that's for sure!
- Any fans of the TV show JERICHO out there? No, they are not bringing it back again (darn!) but they ARE making a comic book series out of it. And a feature-length film.
- Speaking of movies, they're making one of WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE.
- The actor who played Darth Vadar is battling cancer.
- A kids movie about THE BOOK OF KELLS? Yep, and it looks pretty cool too. Too bad it isn't being released in the US.
- Are you a gardener? Then check out my local newspaper's new Garden Blog. There are tips specifically for mid-Atlantic gardeners, but I'm sure there will be great info for all gardeners as well!
- The scrapbooker in me was THRILLED with this post about creative camera angles. These are simple tips we all can use to break away from boring photos.
- Absolutely gorgeous artwork inspired by Tolkien and other fantasy authors. I would love to have this stuff framed in my house.
Those are my Lovely Links for today. I hope you have enjoyed checking out the things that have caught my attention recently. Happy March to you all!