Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Science-Book Challenge 2009

I wasn't planning on signing up for any more challenges but since I was personally invited to join this one (and since I would only have to read one more book) I'm giving in.

Full details on The Science-Book Challenge 2009 can be found at Scienticity. Basically, I have to read three books this year that are related to science in some way. Once I've read them, I have to submit a mini review here.

I've already read two books that qualify and I have another one waiting to be read. Here is my list:
  • The Man Who Loved China, by Simon Winchester - about the history of scientific thought in China - I listened to the audio book and it was fantastic!

  • The Mysterious Receding Seas, by Richard Guy - his theory is that the earth is expanding - although I really wanted to understand his reasoning, the book was so poorly written that I couldn't get through it

  • The Secret Doorway: Beyond Imagination, by Paul Hutchins - a look at the universe and what we know about it - I haven't read this yet, but the illustrations are gorgeous!
There is still time to get involved with this challenge if you are interested. Click here for more details.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin