Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Today's Kiddo Update

Thank you to everyone who expressed support for Kiddo, Hubby and I - your response to my post yesterday was absolutely wonderful. I read some of the comments to Kiddo this morning ... now he thinks he's famous. :)

Here's today's update:

Hubby took Kiddo to have all the tape removed. As you may recall, it covered his entire back. The process of getting it off was VERY painful. In some spots the tape took off a few layers of skin. Needless to say, there were lots of tears.

After they left the doctor's office they came to visit me at work. I told Kiddo I wanted to update my blog with more pictures today so this is how he posed for you all. (Just so you know, he is supposed to be the airplane mechanic from Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark - you can see him in this clip at 1:37 in.)

Here are some views of his back. The dark lines are tape residue. The numbers indicate where specific samples were placed. The dark spots you see are food residue from the samples. You may also see red circles - that is where the allergic reactions are starting to occur. Not sure that you want to see a closer view but if you do, just click on the photos and they'll open up larger in a new window.


This last photo is a closer view of the top of Kiddo's back. That red mark is where some of his skin pulled off along with the tape. It looks and feels like severe sunburn.


If the tape removal went well Kiddo was going to go to school this afternoon. After all that pain though, we're not sending him. Instead he's going over to Grandma's house to take a shower (his first since Sunday night) and get the food off his back. He can only rinse, not really wash, since the doctors are seeing him again tomorrow morning to determine the results of the test.

All three of us will be going to the results appointment tomorrow morning (9:30am EST, in case you'd like to pray for us then) but I will certainly update you all as soon as I can get to a computer.

16 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Poor guy. It seems like they could do the reading at the same time they took the tape off of his back. I hope things go well for him. (By the way, he is famous now!)

Suey said...

Wow. Just now catching up with this "adventure" in your life. I don't even know what to say.. except hang in there! Your Kiddo looks like a tough dude and he'll help you ALL get through it.

Ti said...

That tape is a nightmare to get off and takes weeks for the residue to come off. My son had tape like that when he had his surgery and it's bene months and there are still little pieces of t we can't seem to get off. Alcohol will work but not until that redness goes down of course.

Poor Kiddo!! He looks mighty strong in that pic though. I certainly would not want to scrap with him :)

I will be thinking of you guys tomorrow. Keep us posted.

Anonymous said...

Truly amazing. He sure seems to have a great attitude about all of this. I hope they find some results that help you!

Myrthe said...

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, Heather. I have a ton of respect for the three of you, but especially for Kiddo.

Big, big hug to all of you,
Myrthe

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I hope the follow up visit goes well and that you're able to get some good results. What a little trooper Kiddo is.

Amanda@Lady Scientist said...

I'll keep your and your family in my prayers. I have to say that Kiddo is quite the trooper. I can't say that I'd be that smiley after having all that tape removed!

Alyce said...

I just now read yesterday's post and then this one. I can't even begin to imagine what it's like to have a child with a health problem like this. Your son seems awesome - like he has a really upbeat attitude!

I'll be praying for your son and your family. I hope you can get some clear results so that you know how to proceed.

Photogrl said...

He's such a trooper! I love his grin!

Keeping you all close in my thoughts and prayers....

sharon54220 said...

I am so sorry to hear what Kiddo and the rest of your family are going through. No one should have to endure that, especially a child. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

sharon54220

Ruth King said...

Ouch! Poor Kiddo. I hope you guys get some helpful answers tomorrow. I'll continue to keep all three of you in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

That's a brave boy you've got! Hang in there Kiddo!!

Bybee said...

Hey Kiddo,
The pictures of your scratch test are fascinating. I had one once, but nothing like yours. Great physique!

chrisa511 said...

Poor kiddo :( I love his pictures though!! He rocks :) Hang in there little buddy.

Anna said...

He's a brave boy. I don't know if I could've handled all that.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Jenny Girl said...

Oh he is such a cutie and brave little soul. Please give him a hug for me :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin