Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

April '09 Summary

Well, I didn't do as well as I hoped this month but I still did pretty good!


Books 3 -
(1,052 pages)

Audio Books - (19.3 hours)

All the audio books were "just because" books that I've had on my TBR list.


Mom & Son Book Club - 0 books
  • We haven't been reading but we HAVE been working on Kiddo's reading skills.

Other Stats

  • I gave up on Lies My Teacher Told Me (it wasn't what I expected and I couldn't get into it), Fiction (not the right time for me), and Away (not a big fan).
  • My TBR list gained 13 books and Kiddo's gained 2.
  • Favorite books: I did really enjoy Receive Me Falling but I wouldn't call it a favorite. Unfortunately, the rest of the books this month were just so-so.
  • One author guest post by Erika Robuck.
How was YOUR month?

6 comments:

Jess said...

Receive Me Falling sounds great. I will have to put this on my TBR list.

Becca said...

You still had a good month, Heather! You beat my numbers! lol I still haven't read the Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao but I have it on my 2009 list so I will get to it soon I hope. I anticipate it very much!

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Jess - I think you'll enjoy it!

Rebecca - Oscar Wao is ... unique, that's for sure. Did you watch the videos I posted of the author? He is unique as well. :)

Anna said...

I think you had a great month!

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Dawn - She is Too Fond of Books said...

I like how you were searching for "unique" to describe Oscar Wao. I haven't read this one; I'm curious ... but that "unique" isn't the only adjective I've heard ...

You're not the only one who closed the book on LIES MY TEACHER told me. I think it was Jill over at Fizzy Thoughts who didn't care for it.

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Anna - Thanks!

Dawn - If you haven't seen the video I posted of the author of Oscar Wao, you should watch it. It will give you an idea of what the book it like. And also, Jill was the one who convinced me to quit "Lies". :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin