Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Friday, August 21, 2009

BBF: The Baltimore Book Festival "Book Club Toolkit" Panel (part 1)


I'm moderating a panel at the upcoming Baltimore Book Festival on Sat. Sept. 26th. I'm really excited about this because it is completely my project - I suggested the panel topic, chose the panelists, and in general put the whole thing together. AND it is a topic I love: book clubs. What could be better than that?!


*** About the Panel ***

The Book Club Toolkit: Tools and Tips for Starting and Improving Your Book Club

Join veteran book clubbers for an hour of ideas guaranteed to help you bring out the best in your book club. Topics will include choosing the right books, enhancing your discussion, dealing with problem members, and much more. Bring your questions – we’ve got answers!


*** More Info ***

Here's a link to an interview with me (cool, right?!) about the panel done by Anna of Diary of an Eccentric. Gotta love Anna!

You can see the panel on the Festival's schedule at this link. It is at 12:00pm and called The Book Club Toolkit.


*** Coming Soon ***

Over the next few weeks I'll be introducing you to my panelists and sharing some of the topics we'll be discussing on the panel. Stay tuned!


UPDATE: Read the rest of this series - part 2, part 3, and part 4 (coming soon).
.

11 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I saw your interview at Anna's blog - I think it is so exciting!

kalea_kane said...

Sounds wonderful! You must be so excited!

Lisa said...

This sounds like so much fun. Wish I could be there to come watch you do your thing!

Natasha @ Maw Books said...

How cool that you put the whole thing together! I can't wait to hear how it turns out.

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Thanks all! I AM really excited - can't wait to tell you about my panelists and our topics!

Bonnie said...

This sounds like it will be a wonderful panel discussion! I've been a member of a book club I started 7 years ago. I'll be looking forward to reading about how it went. Good Luck!

Kelly Simmons said...

Hey Heather --
if you have any need for an author to contribute to your panel, I've visited hundreds of book clubs and have an interesting perspective on how they function. (and I live close to Baltimore :-)

Kelly Simmons, author of Standing Still (Simon & Schuster)

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Bonnie - I'll be (hopefully) posting some video clips of the panel ... we'll see how that works out.

Kelly - Thanks for the offer! I'll be in touch by email to discuss the options.

Anna said...

I think the panel is a great idea. Thanks for linking to the interview!

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Serena said...

I read the interview and enjoyed it. It's too bad that the panel is not on Sunday. I'll be at the National Book Festival. :( Have a great time.

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Anna - Thanks again!

Serena - So sorry you'll miss it. For me, the DC event is too big and too overwhelming - I'm happier with the more relaxed atmosphere in Baltimore. But I know you'll have a great time!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin