I had a great time talking to Nicole about books and blogging. Highlights of our chat include ...
- our reading "peeves" - Nicole's hatred of human-like creatures in fantasy and my hatred of talking animals in general
- my disappointment with the James Dean movie version of East of Eden
- the resource site Bookclub-in-a-Box that I've used for my own book club preparation
- my tips for new bloggers
- why I wrote a comment policy for my blog and how I handle comments in general
- the fact that my car has a cassette player and not a cd player
- surviving the East Coast's Snowpocalypse - 30 inches of snow and counting
- how I keep track of the books I plan to read
- hoarding vs. giving books away
- the books in my permanent collection, including one with a dried rose inside
- my love of being surprised and how I never ever skip ahead in a book, but how I don't like being surprised in other situations
- when I admit to being a big chicken when it comes to horror books and movies
- the lack of cooking in our house, at least as done by me
- why Weight Watchers worked for me
- how I still need a roommate for BEA/BBC in May (Interested? Email me!)
- the panels that I'm organizing at the Baltimore Book Festival in September
- how I'd love to redesign my blog but am afraid to do it myself and need recommendations on reputable blog design sites
During the 20-Minute Book Club portion Nicole & I discussed Robert Jordan's THE EYE OF THE WORLD with my real-life-friend Kelly and Suey from It's All About Books. I had so much fun doing this - thank you to Kelly and Suey for calling in and Nicole for hosting!
I still need to send Nicole Chris's recipe for Turkey Chili with Lime. Hopefully I'll get to that this week. I'll have to have him make it first though, since he doesn't actually USE a recipe.
Anyway, I hope you enjoyed getting to hear me. And now I'd love to hear from YOU - let me know what you thought about the show, and thanks for listening!