Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Did you catch me on "That's How I Blog"?

I was a guest on the Blog Talk Radio show That's How I Blog on Feb. 9 - did you happen to catch the show? If not, never fear. If you missed the show, or just want to hear it again (?!), I've got a recording for you!



I had a great time talking to Nicole about books and blogging. Highlights of our chat include ...
  • our reading "peeves" - Nicole's hatred of human-like creatures in fantasy and my hatred of talking animals in general
  • my disappointment with the James Dean movie version of East of Eden
  • the resource site Bookclub-in-a-Box that I've used for my own book club preparation
  • my tips for new bloggers
  • why I wrote a comment policy for my blog and how I handle comments in general
  • the fact that my car has a cassette player and not a cd player
  • surviving the East Coast's Snowpocalypse - 30 inches of snow and counting
  • how I keep track of the books I plan to read
  • hoarding vs. giving books away
  • the books in my permanent collection, including one with a dried rose inside
  • my love of being surprised and how I never ever skip ahead in a book, but how I don't like being surprised in other situations
  • when I admit to being a big chicken when it comes to horror books and movies
  • the lack of cooking in our house, at least as done by me
  • why Weight Watchers worked for me
  • how I still need a roommate for BEA/BBC in May (Interested? Email me!)
  • the panels that I'm organizing at the Baltimore Book Festival in September
  • how I'd love to redesign my blog but am afraid to do it myself and need recommendations on reputable blog design sites

During the 20-Minute Book Club portion Nicole & I discussed Robert Jordan's THE EYE OF THE WORLD with my real-life-friend Kelly and Suey from It's All About Books. I had so much fun doing this - thank you to Kelly and Suey for calling in and Nicole for hosting!

I still need to send Nicole Chris's recipe for Turkey Chili with Lime. Hopefully I'll get to that this week. I'll have to have him make it first though, since he doesn't actually USE a recipe.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed getting to hear me. And now I'd love to hear from YOU - let me know what you thought about the show, and thanks for listening!

7 comments:

Alyce said...

I hope I can find some time to listen to this in the next week or so. I think you and I have a lot in common in addition to similar reading tastes (I never skip to the end, and also am wimpy about horror).

I'll be doing the blog radio show in May and am trying to keep from getting too nervous. I have this fear that I'm going to run out of intelligent things to say and it's going to be an hour of me going, "Uh...um..." I'm sure it won't happen, it's just one of those things. :)

bermudaonion said...

I didn't get to listen live, but I did listen to it the next day. You were great!

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Alyce - I'm excited to hear you on your show - you'll do a great job! You're right, we do seem to have a lot in common. BTW, are you going to BEA/BBC in May?

bermudaonion - Thanks so much!

Bybee said...

I felt the same about the East of Eden movie.

The miniseries that came out in the 1980s?? is better, but I think Jane Seymour was all wrong for Cathy. I'm hoping that one day, this movie will be done RIGHT!!!

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Bybee - "I'm hoping that one day, this movie will be done RIGHT!" I couldn't agree more.

Literary Feline said...

I never seem to be able to catch the show live. I will definitely have to listen to the archive when I have a moment to myself. It sounds like you had an interesting discussion!

I'm like you about surprises. Love them in books, but not in other aspects of my life. :-)

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Literary Feline - It is hard to tune in live, but hopefully you'll have time to listen soon!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin