THE SPARROW read-a-long update: Tomorrow I’ll be posting discussion questions for participants to answer. You don’t need to be finished the book to join in so don’t worry if you are still reading.
What I’m reading now:
- THE SPARROW, by Mary Doria Russell – This is my 2nd time reading this book and it is just as good as it was the first time. The first time I read it I stayed up until 4am one night; I was so anxious about what was going to happen that I literally could not close my eyes, even after I put the book down. I didn’t think that would be the case this time since I know the ending but it is happening again. I’ve realized that I just can’t read this book before bed – it is a daytime read only.
- Silver: My Tale As Told By Me, With A Goodly Amount of Murder, by Edward Chupak – This is the tale of Long John Silver reimagined and is currently my bedtime read. I’m only a short way into it but I like it so far. It is a bit heavy on the pirate jargon though, so we’ll see how it goes …
- Black Hills, by Dan Simmons – I had to put this book aside for a while. I was enjoying it but it is rather slow, and I was falling asleep every time I got one page read. Not a good thing.
- Black Wave: A Family's Adventure at Sea and the Disaster That Saved Them, by John & Jean Silverwood – I’m listening to this one while at work so I’m not really paying close attention but it is quite fascinating regardless. And it’s a true story, so that’s a bonus.
- Crocodile on the Sandbank, by Elizabeth Peters – I’ve got this book playing while I get ready for work in the morning. It is the first in the Amelia Peabody series. It isn’t what I expected so I’m not sure what I think of it just yet.
- A Darker Place, by Laurie R. King – This is my in-the-car book. It’s the fictional story of a woman going undercover to investigate a potential cult and I’m really enjoying it so far!
How is your reading going? Anything you are particularly enjoying or not enjoying?