February, oh February. Every month I say “maybe next month will be better” and every month it SO isn’t. This month … well, let’s just say it was crazier than ever and leave it at that. :) Regardless of the drama I was still able to read and listen to a reasonable amount, so YAY!
Books - 3 (1,107 pages)
- Ace of Cakes, by Duff & Willie Goldman – If you are a fan of the show Ace of Cakes on Food TV then you will love this book. I certainly did!
- Alias Grace, by Margaret Atwood – This is a beautifully written story that really makes you think. I loved it.
- The Titan’s Curse, by Rick Riordan – Finally a Mother & Son Book Club book!
Audio Books - 4 (55 hours)
- The Eye of the World, by Robert Jordan – Revisiting an old favorite.
- The Old Man and the Sea, by Ernest Hemingway – My first Hemingway and I’m now in love with his writing.
- The Handmaid’s Tale, by Margaret Atwood – A creepy look at a possible future that I’m glad I read but didn’t really like that much.
- On The Road, by Jack Keruac – This one was a complete waste of time IMO.
DNF (Did Not Finish) - 1
- The Golden Ass, by Lucius “Africanus” Apulieus – I really want to try this one again with a different translation.
- I was absent from the blogosphere quite a bit of this month. First there was the Snowpocalypse, then Hubby ended up in the hospital with a staph infection (he’s home and doing MUCH better now), then my cousin was in from Georgia for a few days. I was getting overwhelmed so I stepped back from the computer for a while. Life is getting back to “normal” now … I think.
- The Really Old Classics Challenge that I was co-hosting ended this month. I'm hoping to have a recap of it soon.
- I’m co-hosting a read-a-long of THE SPARROW that is going until March 30. I’d love to have more people join in so please check out the details. This is a book that is well worth reading and discussing!
- And the best news of all is that I’m going to BEA/BBC in New York City in May and I am SO EXCITED!!! I’m still looking for a roommate or two so please let me know if you are interested.
That was my month - hope you had a great one!