Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Monday, June 29, 2009

My Book Club and Little Bee

This month my book club met to discuss LITTLE BEE by Chris Cleave. I’d first heard of this book on ReadingGroupGuies.com and I was really excited to read it with the club. Our Sunday afternoon meeting was one of those rare days where almost everything seems to go right ...

The weather was gorgeous – mid-70s, puffy clouds, lots of sunshine. Our hostess has the most perfect shady, screened-in porch large enough for the 8 gals who attended to relax on her puffy chairs and soak in the mellow mood of the day.

We’re not a club who goes all out with the food at our meetings but we do like to eat. This time the stars aligned and we ended up with a fabulous spread: crepes, tons of fresh fruit, scrambled eggs with spinach and feta, bagels, chocolate covered strawberries, cake, and mimosas. Divine, I tell you … simply divine.

The book was a hit with most of the gals but we all reacted to it in different ways.

Read the rest in my regular monthly post at ReadingGroupGuides.com.

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I have Little Bee in my stacks and look forward to reading it.

Anonymous said...

I still haven't written my review of this one...I'm so behind.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin