Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Monday, January 21, 2008

The Canterbuy Tales (Jan. '08)



I was supposed to read part of The Canterbury Tales, by Goeffrey Chaucer back in high school, but I never did. So when I needed a new audio book to listen to and saw that this title was available, I thought I'd give it a shot. So far it is not bad! The story is interesting and I really want to know what happens, but I'm not sure I can do all 18 hours of it. The rhyming verse means that I have to pay more attention than usual in order to understand what's going on and I don't know that I'll have the time at work to do that ... but we'll see!

Update: Ok I am really enjoying this! I can see that it would be hard to read, but it is very enjoyable to listen to. I've heard The Knight's Tale and am now on The Miller's Tale.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin