Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Friday, January 11, 2008

Amy's Answering Machine (Nov. '07)


Amy’s Answering Machine, by Amy BorkowskyOk, I could have done without this one. I read the first few pages and then relisted it on PBS. I heard about this book years ago, and actually listened to the author on a talk show once. She is VERY funny, and so is her subject matter. But I got the book to give to my mom for Christmas and it is NOT a good mom-gift book. Although it is very funny there’s too much ‘mom-slamming’ for me. Hopefully someone else will enjoy it more.

1 comment:

Nan said...

I just saw this on the sidebar, and thought I'd say that I loved it. I read it a few years back, but I kept it and want to read it again. I remember laughing, and thinking how true it was. I don't recall the mother bashing but I'll read it again and see. Maybe I would see that more on a second reading.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin