Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Friday, January 11, 2008

Ruined by Reading (Nov. '07)


Ruined By Reading, Lynne Sharon Schwartz – Here’s another one I thought I’d really enjoy … but didn’t all that much. I couldn’t really identify with the author although I was certain I would. She comes from a family where both her parents were avid readers, and they read the “good” stuff (by that I mean mostly classics and other 'important' books). I became addicted to reading because my dad introduced me to “The Hobbit” when I was about 7 years old. I grew up discussing dragons and wizards with my dad, and trying to convince my mom that reading is really great. Somehow my experience and the authors just did not mesh. Luckily this was a very brief book!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin