Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Friday, January 11, 2008

Welcome!

My project for my 30th year is to keep a list of all the books I read (or listen to) for 12 months, starting with my 30th birthday on Nov. 4, 2007. Now why would I do such a thing?!

I am a fanatical reader, always to be found with a book in hand. Recently it hit me that I can't recall some of the books I've read, nor do I have any idea how many I consume ... hence this project. Of course, it coincides with my big 3-0 so it seemed the right thing to do.

About the birthday thing, it is really not a big deal to me. I've been married since I was 20, have an almost 6 year old son, and my life is pretty good. Turning 30 didn't matter much to me. Of course that's not the case for everyone, and literally everyone I know had to make some kind of comment about this "big event" ... enough that it started making me a bit concerned! But that's over and done now. It's January and it so doesn't matter anymore!

Now back to the purpose of this blog (ok, that sounds like "We'll now return you to your regularly scheduled program."") I've been keeping track of every book I read since November, as well as my comments about each one. Each book will have it's own post, grouped by month read ... at least, that is the plan! We'll see how it goes!

By the way, please feel free to comment wherever you like ... I'd love to know that someone out there is reading this!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Great minds think alike, right? :) I've enjoyed visiting your sight, and I'll be adding you to my google reader and looking forward to your next review!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin