Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Book Buzz Meme

I was tagged for this by Booking Mama and boy, was this a hard one for me. Here are the rules:
My Friend Amy says: I am going to list three categories of books. 3 MUST Read Books, 3 Keep Your Eyes on These, and 3 Look For These Soon. Keeping with the theme, I am going to tag at least 3 bloggers. They should put these same lists on their blog but SUBTRACT one book from each list and ADD one of their own. Then they should tag at least 3 more bloggers. It will be fun to see how the lists change as it goes around the blogosphere. Please come back to this post and leave a comment so I can see how the lists are changing as they go around the blogosphere. Since this is Book Buzz...please keep your lists to titles released in 2007-2009. (Heather's note: I'm italicizing the ones I added.)
Ok, here's why this is hard for me: I don't read many new books. If you were to ask me about a MUST READ book I'd likely suggest something written 10-100 years ago! But I did some research and here are my answers ...

3 MUST Read Books:
Matters of Faith by Kristy Keirnan (Heather's review and author interview)
Somebody Else's Daughter by Elizabeth Brundage
The Lace Reader by Brunonia Barry (here's Julie's review)

3 Keep Your Eyes on These:
Seeing Me Naked by Liza Palmer
Wife in the North, by Judith O'Reilly
The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson (Heather's note: I agree! I won a copy and it's on the way now!)
3 Look For These Soon:
The Good Thief by Hannah Tinti
Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay
A Memory of Light by Robert Jordan & Brandon Sanderson (Heather's note: The 12th and final book in the Wheel of Time series, coming in 2009 - I can't wait!)

I don't usually tag people for memes but, since I know she loves to be tagged, I'll tag Trish from Hey Lady! Whatcha Readin'?.

I'm short two more players ... any volunteers? Let me know and I'll officially tag you!


Amy said...

Ok, confession time...I had a hard time with it a little, too, that's why I made only 3 in a category! ;)

trish said...

LOL! You're right, I do love to be tagged! Thanks! I'm going to do it right now...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin