The questions of the day are:
1. Are there any particular worlds in books where you’d like to live?I'm so glad you asked!
2. Or where you certainly would NOT want to live?
3. What about authors? If you were a character, who would you trust to write your life?
1. First choice - and this was WAY easy to pick - Pern, the world created by Anne McCaffery. If you haven't read her books you MUST, you ABSOLUTELY MUST. I'd suggest starting with the brief trilogy Dragonsong/Dragonsinger/Dragondrums. Why Pern, you ask? Dragons, dragon riders, fire lizards, bonding between dragon/fire lizard and human, intelligent dolpins, master harpers, rural life, and yes some danger but not too much, and a whole "lost" history to reconstruct. You can check out the Pern Museum to get an idea of this world. Cool, huh?
2. Definitely not someplace creepy - that's for sure!
3. The first author that came to mind is (the late) Robert Jordan. He's the genius behind the Wheel of Time series that I rave about in my left sidebar. His characters are all complex people and he shows their flaws alongside their attributes. I think he'sd be the most honest writer of my character. Plus he's great at creating story lines so I KNOW he'd make my life more interesting that it really is!