The whole title of this book is Queen of the Road: The True Tale of 47 States, 22,000 Miles, 200 Shoes, 2 Cats, 1 Poodle, A Husband, and a Bus with a Will of it's Own. It's written by Doreen Orion (who also wrote this book - betcha didn't know THAT, now did ya?!)
Ok, now for the quick (and unique?) review.
- I have absolutely nothing in common with this woman - in fact, I strongly dislike people like her in real life - and yet I completely loved this book.
- If you want to laugh, read this book.
- If you cringe in horror over the excess money some people can just throw around, read this book. (I cringed and laughed at the same time.)
- If you have a love affair with parenthetical comments, read this book. (Seriously Doreen - I think you need a parenthetical intervention! ~LOL~)
- If you just love it when the know-it-all spoiled rich girl gets hit with a dose of reality and turns out much better for it (while keeping her sense of humor in tact!), read this book.
Also - and this is really cool! - I submitted a question about this book to Celestial Seasonings Book Club and they chose MY QUESTION (and 9 others) to be part of an upcoming webcast with Doreen. Unfortunately, I sent this question so long ago that I can't remember what the heck I asked, but oh well. As a thank you for my (hopefully) brilliant question I get a signed copy of the book* and $50 worth of tea - yeah!
I'll post a link to the webcast as soon as it's available. If Doreen is as funny "in person" as her writing suggests, this will be a not-to-be-missed event!
What are you waiting for?! Go buy a copy of Queen of the Road right now - you won't regret it!(If you need more convincing go check out Doreen's website.)
* If you notice, that means I'll have two copies of this book. Don't get your hopes up though - I've already promised one to a PBS buddy.
I'd love to post your review here too - leave a comment with your link!
Devourer of Book - the intro to her review is EXACTLY what I was thinking too!
Booking Mama - she has lots in common with Doreen, unlike me! And her review is much more thorough than mine.
Softdrink - was right there with me on the parentheses thing
Leafing Through Life - also enjoyed this one