Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Friday, August 15, 2008

Friday Finds

(If you're reading in Google Reader, please click on over so you an view the book trailer - I can't get it to show up in the Reader for some reason.)
Yeah, I don't know when I'll actually find time to read all these books. At my current pace I'm reading 7 books each month and adding 5+ books to my list each week ... talk about one step forward and THREE steps back!
  1. The Republic of Pirates, by Colin Woodard - the true story of the "pirate democracy" in the Bahamas in the early 18th century
  2. The Toss of a Lemon, by Padma Viswanathan - i love "epic family sagas" and that's what this review tells me this book is all about
  3. When I Grow Up: A Young Person's Guide to Interesting and Unusual Occupations, by Jessica Loy - I thought this would be a fun one to read with kiddo there are about 2 pages on each odd career
  4. The Year of Living Biblically, by AJ Jacobs - I've been hearing about this book for a long time but Raych's review made me decide to read it
  5. Hana's Suitecase, by Karen Levine - it's a Holocaust story but it's more than that; it's a Japanese teacher's efforts to touch her students by discovering more about one little girl - check out Natasha's review for an excellent overview
  6. The Seduction of Water, by Carol Goodman - an interesting blend of mystery, writing, and mythology
  7. Wife in the North, by Judith O'Reilly - watch the book trailer and tell me you don't want to read this one!




  8. What have YOU found this week? Post a note in the comments or click here to join in the fun!
Giveaway Reminders

You have until Sept. 2 to enter to win Genuine Men. Click here for my review and to enter.

My IRL friend Marie is giving away an ACEO (aka lovely fancy card) on Aug. 26. Click here to enter her contest.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin