Yeah, I don't know when I'll actually find time to read all these books. At my current pace I'm reading 7 books each month and adding 5+ books to my list each week ... talk about one step forward and THREE steps back!
- The Republic of Pirates, by Colin Woodard - the true story of the "pirate democracy" in the Bahamas in the early 18th century
- The Toss of a Lemon, by Padma Viswanathan - i love "epic family sagas" and that's what this review tells me this book is all about
- When I Grow Up: A Young Person's Guide to Interesting and Unusual Occupations, by Jessica Loy - I thought this would be a fun one to read with kiddo there are about 2 pages on each odd career
- The Year of Living Biblically, by AJ Jacobs - I've been hearing about this book for a long time but Raych's review made me decide to read it
- Hana's Suitecase, by Karen Levine - it's a Holocaust story but it's more than that; it's a Japanese teacher's efforts to touch her students by discovering more about one little girl - check out Natasha's review for an excellent overview
- The Seduction of Water, by Carol Goodman - an interesting blend of mystery, writing, and mythology
- Wife in the North, by Judith O'Reilly - watch the book trailer and tell me you don't want to read this one!
What have YOU found this week? Post a note in the comments or click here to join in the fun!