Can you believe that we are already almost halfway through 2009?! Good grief!
My reading was a bit off this month due to all the stuff going on with Kiddo (see below) as well as the death of Hubby's aunt. There were many days when I couldn't even pick up a book because I knew there was no way I could concentrate on it.
Despite all that I'm still pleased with the bit of progress I did make this month. Here's what I read:
Books - 4 (1,480 pages)
- The Lost Men (384 pages) - great book - read because I really wanted to, AND it counts for the Read Your Own Books challenge and the Non-Fiction Five challenge
- Evelina (512 pages) - for the 1% Well Read Challenge
- Little Bee (266 pages) - for my book club
- The Secret Keeper (318 pages) - for a book blog tour - and here's a link to a thought-provoking guest post by the author
Audio Books - 5 (46.2 hours)
- The Island at the Center of the World (15 hours) - very interesting - counts for Non-Fiction Five Challenge
- The Willoughbys (2.9 hours) - because it looked fun
- Number the Stars (2.75 hours) - because it was immediately available through my online library
- Gates of Fire (18 hours) - on the recommendation of another blogger
- Mr. Pip (7.5 hours) - on the recommendation of several bloggers
Mom & Son Book Club - 2 books
- We didn't do a traditional Mom & Son Book Club this month but we did read together. Our two books, which we read repeatedly, were George and the Dragon and Puff the Magic Dragon.
- And speaking of Kiddo, thank you again for all your comments and prayers for Kiddo this past month. He's doing really well for now. He's drinking enough of the high calorie/protein drink to please the doctors and avoid the feeding tube - yea! He gets a break from tests until the end of the summer. At that point they'll reexamine him and determine if more foods need to be removed from his diet or if we can start adding things back in. I'll keep you posted on any news.
- I gave up on one book this month: Going Postal (audio book). I'd like to try this again another time though, but not on audio I think.
- My TBR list gained 19 titles this month. Ugh. How am I ever going to read all those books?!
- Favorite books: This month I really enjoyed every book I read. Both LITTLE BEE and THE LOST MEN were fabulous reads, for very different reasons. THE SECRET KEEPER was great too. EVELINA was lots of fun to read. The audio books were all enjoyable, again for different reasons. Now that I think about it, this is the first month this year where I haven't had a book that I really disliked!
How was YOUR month?