Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Monday, November 2, 2009

October '09 Recap


October was a great month for me. Kiddo continues to recover from his surgery and he's back to playing ice hockey three times a week - YAY! I cohosted the Dueling Monsters Read-A-Long with Fizzy Thoughts and we both had a blast with it. I went to a blogger awards ceremony for Maryland bloggers. And best of all, I got to participate in a book tour for a series of books I've been reading since the 1990s; you can check it out here and I'll be updating my blog with even more pictures as soon as I can.

This was a decent month for reading as well ...

Books - 7
(1,765 pages)
Audio Books - 1 (32 hours)
  • Knife of Dreams (32 hours) - I've already read this book and listened to it previously but I still enjoyed it this time around

Other Reviews - 2
Other Stats
  • No Mom & Son Book Club this month. :(
  • My TBR list gained 9 titles this month and Kiddo's gained 1.

My birthday is coming up in just a few days and that means it is almost time for my annual blogging recap! I'm busily counting up totals - pages read, books added to my TBR list, challenges completed, etc. - so I can share them all with you later this week. I can't believe how fast this year as flown by ...

10 comments:

Care said...

Wonderful! and I guess I look forward to your upcoming yearly update. :)

Jen - devourer of books said...

That is AWESOME that he's feeling up to ice hockey! I'm so glad he's doing better.

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Care - thanks. :)

Jen - And he scored his very first in-game goal on Saturday too!!!

Alyce said...

It looks like you had an awesome month! I'm so glad to hear that your son is able to participate in hockey - I'm sure he's happy about that!

Beth F said...

You had a good month, but way to go Kiddo!! Hockey and everything.

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Alyce & Beth F - I'll be posting one of his recent hockey videos tomorrow - I'm so proud of how well he's doing!!!

Tam @ Bailey's and Books said...

So glad to hear about kiddo!

You had a very good reading month, too - Congrats.

Here’s how my October looked.

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Tam - Thanks! Off to check out your post now ...

Anna said...

Glad to hear Kiddo is doing well. That's great news. And for all that went on during the month, you still managed to get a lot of reading done. Congrats!

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Anna - Yeah, it wasn't a bad month at all! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin