October was a great month for me. Kiddo continues to recover from his surgery and he's back to playing ice hockey three times a week - YAY! I cohosted the Dueling Monsters Read-A-Long with Fizzy Thoughts and we both had a blast with it. I went to a blogger awards ceremony for Maryland bloggers. And best of all, I got to participate in a book tour for a series of books I've been reading since the 1990s; you can check it out here and I'll be updating my blog with even more pictures as soon as I can.
This was a decent month for reading as well ...
Books - 7 (1,765 pages)
- A Thread of Grace (426 pages) - EXCELLENT book set in Italy during WWII
- In The Arms Of Immortals (291 pages) - it had promise ... but I didn't like it
- How To Raise A Modern Day Joseph (220 pages) - very practical Christian parenting advice
- Coventry (157 pages) - fantastic WWII story that my Gram also loved
- Frankenstein (256 pages) - I was rather disappointed in this one
- The Blessings of a Skinned Knee (258 page) - more practical parenting advice
- Two Histories of England (157 pages) - a fun look at history from a new perspective
- Knife of Dreams (32 hours) - I've already read this book and listened to it previously but I still enjoyed it this time around
- Sunnyside Blues - my friend Nancy guest-reviewed this for me
- The Transformation Study Bible - I didn't read all of this but I did spotlight it here this month
- No Mom & Son Book Club this month. :(
- My TBR list gained 9 titles this month and Kiddo's gained 1.
My birthday is coming up in just a few days and that means it is almost time for my annual blogging recap! I'm busily counting up totals - pages read, books added to my TBR list, challenges completed, etc. - so I can share them all with you later this week. I can't believe how fast this year as flown by ...