Alex (aka Goddess) blogs at One Day at a Time where she shares what's going on with her and her family. Any idea why this is important to me? It's because Alex is Hubby's cousin! I think I met her for the first time the day I married Hubby back in 1998. Over the years we've realized that we have quite a lot in common, and we get along fabulously. I was so excited when she started blogging because it helped us to stay in touch (we live in different states) and to get to know each other a bit better.
Alex has three boys and one of her goals is to use her blog to remember special moments with them. Here are a few she's posted recently, one for each of the boys: oldest son, middle son, youngest son.
Just 6 months after starting her blog (in Feb. '08), Alex's father passed away. She's used her blog to share memories of him with family and also just to save those memories for the future.
She also writes occasionally about what she is reading/watching. In keeping with that, here's a list of everything Alex did for my dare (links take you to her posts) INCLUDING the dreaded vlog:
- complained about naming conventions in SciFi (I LOVE this post!)
- absolutely loved THE EYE OF THE WORLD
- had fun introducing The Princess Bride (movie) to her kids
- loved revisiting Labyrinth and David Bowie's hotness
- thought Dragonsong was "sweet"
- enjoyed Willow with her kids
- completely hated Dune and gave up on it
- couldn't really enjoy the cheesiness that is Xena: Warrior Princess
- finally made it through MISTS OF AVALON and liked it
- did a big bad video blog!
A huge thank you to Alex for taking me up on this dare and for completing the entire thing!