When I accepted Chartroose’s challenge earlier this month, I asked if any of my readers were brave enough to let me challenge them to something. Three of you stepped up and said you were. Let me introduce those three brave souls:
- Alex from One Day at a Time – She is my husband’s cousin and her blog is about her family, books, and whatever else is on her mind. We don’t see each other often so it’s great that we share a love of blogging.
- Shawna from The Root of the Root – Her blog is about the fresh start she's working on, which includes an adorable son, her adventures in returning to college, and lots of other interesting things. I got to meet her when she came to Maryland for a wedding last summer.
- Robin of My Two Blessings – Her blog is about her life as well, which includes homeschooling her son (who has the same name as Kiddo),running a business with her husband, reading, writing, and much more. She is the only one of the three who I have not met.
I told these three gals that I would browse their blogs and come up with challenges specific to each of them. However, once I shuffled through their posting history I realized that they all have something in common – they are sorely lacking in exposure to the classics of Fantasy/SciFi. CRISIS!!!
And so …
I, Heather J., dare you, Alex, Shawna, and Robin, to accept this challenge to increase your Fantasy/SciFi exposure. I dare you to complete at least 5 of the 10 items on the list below (though I triple dog dare you to tackle them all!) [And of that 5, at least 2 must be books.]
- Watch The Princess Bride
- Watch Willow
- Watch The Last Unicorn
- Watch Labyrinth
- Watch at least 3 episodes of Xena: Warrior Princess
- Read Dune by Frank Herbert
- Read The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan
- Read The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley
- Read Dragonsong by Anne McCaffrey
- Do a video blog about at least one of these items
If you fail in this challenge you must write a lengthy blog post about the value of Fantasy/SciFi books and movies in today’s world and why more people should be watching/reading them.
But if you succeed then I will send you a package of goodies including at least one book (plus lots of other stuff) AND I will dedicate an entire day to you on my blog – how’s THAT for a prize?!
If you choose to accept this dare you must follow these rules:
- Blog about your acceptance and log in with Mr Linky on the correct Acceptance Post here.
- Blog about your thoughts after completing each item. When you've completed the challenge check in with Mr Linky on the correct Completed Challenge Post on the I Dare You to Accept This Challenge Blog!
- Once you accept (or complete) this challenge then make a list of 10 related items (ie all Bollywood movies, your favorite tv show or book series, favorite genre of books etc) and challenge one of your friends...even the one who challenged you!
- Need help deciding on a dare? Check out what others are doing here.
PS. If I've intrigued you with my challenge and you want to join in, let me know!